Sunday 3 May 2015

Pour a libation

It is not so often that priests in Adelaide publish books, but a slim volume of poems Pour a Libation by Dawn Colsey has just recently been released.

I came by mine a couple of days ago, and each day find there is yet another good poem! No indeed every day I have found a great poem!

My impression is that it is a fine and perceptive collection of poems by one who is a priest, a mother and a grandmother (Good Mother’s day present!). A careful observation of life

I hope it doesn’t breach copyright to share one with you on this True Vine Sunday

I drink Sevenhill wine

soft merlot, velvet red
It takes me to the beloved place-
prayer within the walls,
the work of vines outside-
wine-making in slow time-
patience, stability infused into fruit-
bliss made liquid
to ease the heart


For about $20 I note the book’s available from Book Depository, 


and I got mine from Dawn herself, and there is a Kindle version available on Amazon
And the Publisher Ginninderra Press

No comments: